Subotica

Articles from this Category

JEWISH CEMETERY

Until today, only two historians Istvan Ivanji and Dusan Jelic dealt with the past of the Subotica Jews. About the history of the Jewish cemetery Ivanji in his “History of Subotica” gives only three sentences, which read: “The Jewish cemetery was near the Hall of the Hall. When the cemetery was erected in 1829, it […]

Read more

HALBROR HOUSE

In 1890, Geza Kocka projected a one-storey cottage that was owned by the wealthy Halbror family. This eclectic architect brought out a very harmonious object of Renaissance lines on the decorative elements of classicism. Geza Kocka added four Renaissance portals with windows to the facade cladding made of fused bricks. The semicircular window was embedded […]

Read more

TOMB OF GAÁL FERENC

Ferenc Gal (Gaál Ferenc) was born on March 27, 1860, in the excavation on the territory of today’s Slovakia. He lost his parents early, and the older brother Pied took care of him. Elementary school and lower secondary school attend classes in Nyitra, and continue in Budapest. Parallel to the National Music Institute (Nemzeti Zenede). […]

Read more

THE “YELLOW HOUSE” BUILDING

A one-storey building that forms an independent urban block. From the west it is surrounded by Štrosmajerova street, from the south by Maksim Gorkog Street, from the east by the Age of Mamužić Street and from the north by Erneo Lanjija. It was built in the period 1880/83. year as a savings bank, the National […]

Read more

ТHE “GOLDEN LAMB” BUILDING

In the middle of the nineteenth century, in fact, in 1857, “Hotel Jagnje” (Hotel Lamb) was built with salami and atrium on the ground floor and hotel rooms in the upper part. The project and the name of the architect have not been known to us until now, but according to archival documents, building permits […]

Read more

BUILDING TRG REPUBLIKE 8

The building on Republic Square No. 8 is part of the Trougao complex. On the engraving from 1815 on this site is a ground-floor building owned by Jožef Sucic. The building is with large open-entry entrances. The building was later transferred to the property of the families Ostojic and Jakobcic. It was redecorated in the […]

Read more