RAILWAY STATION HORGOŠ – KAMARAŠ

17. December 2018.

The Horgos Kamaraš Railway Station is a rectangular building with rectangular trimmed-waistcoat, longitudinally positioned along the railway line. The railway station building was built in 1887, two decades after the passing of the first train by the Subotica – Segedin railroad (1869), and along with the construction of the Horgos Kamaraš picnic, a settlement with a number of summerhouses in the area of ​​palm vineyards. The design of the railway station intertwines the stylistic features of eclectic and secession. Archive sources about the object are not known so far. The central block with mildly expressed rizalit is covered with a tent roof, covered with eternity. Alongside the eastern facade, there is a ground-floor block-waiting room for travelers. The wall cladding is covered with clinker bricks, and sokl and decorative architectural plastics are made in the form of profiled strips around the holes, secession contours in the plaster.This type of decoration is repeated on all four facades. Sideways along central Rizalit, shallow pilasters, which emphasize the vertical of the building, run to the very point, with a decoration in the shape of a square. The procheon facade has a two-winged wooden portal in the central part, side by side with a single rectangular window with blinds. The floor part is accentuated by horizontal profiled strips that run along the rhizalite. The upper part in the center, above the entrance, has two doubled single-wing window windows, and one side is one side of the same contours. The windows of the floor are without blinds.side with one rectangular window with blinds. The floor part is accentuated by horizontal profiled strips that run along the rhizalite. The upper part in the center, above the entrance, has two doubled single-wing window windows, and one side is one side of the same contours. The windows of the floor are without blinds.side with one rectangular window with blinds. The floor part is accentuated by horizontal profiled strips that run along the rhizalite. The upper part in the center, above the entrance, has two doubled single-wing window windows, and one side is one side of the same contours. The windows of the floor are without blinds.
It was one of the rare railway stations with elements of secession. Today it is in a very bad state.