DR VINKO PERČIĆ GALLERY

17. December 2018.

The building was erected for Dr. Mihalja Gereb at the end of the XIX century, according to the projects of the Budapest architect Deže Jakab. The project was made in 1894 and includes the early works of this exceptional architect who designed the building with a special emphasis on the decorative component made in the spirit of the Neo-Baroque.
The ground floor, family house, is located at the corner of the streets of Maksim Gorkog and Bled and has the basis of the Latin letter “L”. High-hook, with segmental opening openings, is made of artificial stone. The wall canvas is a horizontal partitioned by shallow fugs, with a rhythmic array of window openings, and gates, small on a prominent facade, and a large hinged gate leaning against the wing of a building in Bledska Street. Objects with mildly emphasized edge rhizalites and slightly rounded angle. Above the side rhizalites in the umbrella zone is a ballistic act with antique vases on the edge columns, connected by a rounded attack at which a plastic decorative detail is made in the form of a head of the road that guides the garlands. The corner corpus object, on a rational part with two single-wing windows of the bifore type. Rich full of plastic,lightly scribbled lines in a curly web, is harmoniously incorporated into the transparent fields and rounded with baroque marking tympanum.
Floral, vegetable light plastic made in plaster is complimented with volumes. In the central part of the Tympanon at the biforama, the head of the road is made in full plastic. Small, double-wing windows with “T” split windows have the same transparent plastic, with the difference that they have a centrally placed cartridge. The belt is made in the Baroque volute at the Solbank, and below the double-leaf windows, in the form of playful lines, the lambreken is lowered into the plastic. Along the very edge of the building there is a small arch dry gate, a special aesthetic unit, in which the woodworking wood and the details of wrought iron, with colored windows, are excellent masterpieces. In the loft crown are rectangular openings that aesthetically complement the light girlandes as a central motif.
The facade in Bledska Street was much more modestly processed, but consistently maintained the same stylistic treatment. From the courtyard side of the building is a centrally rolled veranda with a dual canopy on wooden pillars that support the wooden gates of a romantic Swiss type. At the top of the gates is a windproof sheet dating back to 1894. In the center of a small, intimate courtyard is a small fountain.
The roof is covered with specially cast falcified eternite plates.
Today, in the part of the building, there was arranged “ZAVIČAJNA GALERIJA DR VINKA PERČIĆA” according to the gift contract made on 21.11. In 1989, on the one hand, with the Primarius Dr. Vink Percic, the owner of the building and the SO Subotica.
The collection of the collection is made up of works of art, library material, workshop of Vinko Percic’s work room and works of applied art.