CHAPEL “VODICE DEDICATED TO THE GREAT LADY”

18. December 2018.

The cultural asset consists of an Orthodox chapel with a bunar and a cross, and a Catholic chapel with a well and crucifixion. The Orthodox chapel was built in 1885 and was renovated in 1900. The chapel was rebuilt in the style of the neovizantija in 1940, according to the projects of Dragutin Molcer. This is the last non-Istanbul temple on the north of Backa, which was built before the Second World War. The Catholic chapel was built in 1900 in the style of the provincial Neo-Baroque. The complex of waters along with the natural environment is a unique example of the sacral national building of both confessions on the territory of Vojvodina. The Orthodox church is set eastward – west, while the Catholic is north-south. The previous chapels were very similar in structure, small dimensions, a dual roof, and a goblet, modeled on rustic baroque.Specifically, both chapels are open, with a facade that rests on the vault, enlarged from two pillars, making small tremors. In front of each chapel there is a cross, or a crucifix with the inscriptions: In the glory of God Melanija Dra, Vladislav Manojlovic 1914 (Orthodox), Isten dicsőségére emeltette Sándor Község Katolikus Közössége 1893. The new temple fits into the existing ambience. The designer skillfully took advantage of the mild terrain of the terrain and, by function and by the size, made a harmonious denivelation of the church in two levels. In the upper level there is a closed space with a typical square base, with an apse and a cube above the naos. At the lower level, there are three open doors, defining non-jet pillars and a water cabinet. The base is razed, the vertical gauge also. The roof covering is a slight slope of ceramide, brick walls, plastered and coated with a hirof,artificial stone sock. Plato around the chapel of concrete, and access road from the brick. Inside, the chapel is painted in two colors: smooth walls in the light blue, while the arched part of the apse is accentuated with a bright pink color. The chapel has no iconostasis, only the altar table is in the apse. On the side walls are family icons of the gifts of the faithful. In the church’s porch there are memorial tablets from the names of the 1940 and 1960 dailies, which enabled the construction and reconstruction of the chapel. In the Catholic chapel there is a relief of the Virgin, and in the apse there are gratitude tables.and 1960, which enabled the construction and reconstruction of the chapel. In the Catholic chapel there is a relief of the Virgin, and in the apse there are gratitude tables.and 1960, which enabled the construction and reconstruction of the chapel. In the Catholic chapel there is a relief of the Virgin, and in the apse there are gratitude tables.