Kanjiža

ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE CRKVINE, TEMPLOMDOMB

The location is located in the attic of the village of Horgos, about 300 m north of the railway Subotica – Horgos. Protective excavations uncovered the foundations of the church with a tower that was attached to the west wall. The foundations of the temple were made in the technique of melancholy, of broken stone, […]

Read more

CASTLE OF COUNT KARAS

Castle Karas in Horgoš was built for the members of the Karas family, after the Horgoš desert from 1764 was separated from the Military Krajina. One half of the estate was purchased by Martonos, and the other was distributed by Zigmond Andrari and Miklos Karas, the main notebook of Szeged. In 1751, Karas bought Andrar’s […]

Read more

CHAPEL ON ORTHODOX CEMETERY

From the Minutes from the session of the Church Committee of the Serbian Orthodox Church School in Martonoš, held on February 28, 1896, we learn that, according to the wishes of Nataša Šećerov, born Dobrički in Martonoš, the construction of a chapel dedicated to the Great Martyr Georgi on the Orthodox cemetery in Martonoš was […]

Read more

KAMARAŠ VILLA

The railway station at the end of the XIX century Horgos-Kamaraš belonged to the landowner Gezi Karas (Kárász Géza). After his death, the land around the landscaped park and the lake was sparse. Many of the inhabitants of Szeged, the nearest major city, have attracted the beauty of the forest at Kamaraš, and here build […]

Read more

MAGAZINE FOR CEREALS

The building is one-storey, imposing appearance and consistent proportions. All elements of the construction, both masonry and wood, are very massive. The primary structure was built with brick of the old format, and the roof structure and the intercity structures carried on the pillars are wooden. The building has five useful floors: basement, high ground […]

Read more

ORTHODOX SCHOOL

The building was built in 1854, as the “New Serbian Orthodox National School”, with the funds of the church municipality. It was built as a ground-level object of a rectangular base, set on the corner of the two streets, with a functional solution of the base in which the classroom and teacher’s apartment stand is […]

Read more

RAILWAY STATION HORGOŠ – KAMARAŠ

The Horgos Kamaraš Railway Station is a rectangular building with rectangular trimmed-waistcoat, longitudinally positioned along the railway line. The railway station building was built in 1887, two decades after the passing of the first train by the Subotica – Segedin railroad (1869), and along with the construction of the Horgos Kamaraš picnic, a settlement with […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. ARCHANGEL MICHAEL

According to the Yearbook of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Kanjiža, the first church was erected at the mouth of the mouth of the Kireš stream in Tisza, and it was built of platelets. The Serbs raised it after arriving in these parts, the Great Seaboard under Arseny Carnojevic in 1690. At the site of […]

Read more

VIGADO

Accelerated development of the civic class at the end of the XIX century there was a tendency to stay in nature, and according to the reputation of the cities of Europe, national parks, picnics, resorts and spas were formed. On the southeastern edge of the settlement of Kanjiža, it was already the seventies of the […]

Read more

WINDMILL

In the eighties of the XIX century, there were 11 windmills in Oroma. At the end of the 20th century, there was only one so-called “bayus” of windmills, which was built in the sixties of the nineteenth century. The date of construction was cut into flour bars. The windmill was in Ustorka before. Her owner, […]

Read more