Čoka

CASTLE LEDERER

According to Š. Borovsky, Choku was bought by the Hungarian spahija Lerinc Marcibani at the first public auction of the Comoros in 1781 when they sold 22 volcanoes. The construction of the castle began with the Marcibani family, which kept this well in possession until 1868 when it was sold to Agoston Barber and Klusemann, […]

Read more

CHAPEL VUJIN

The great Serbian national benefactor, Nenad Vujin, born in Montenegro, on May 6, 1889, in front of the battlefield, left his will for the case of his death in which he left all his movable and immovable property to the Serbian Matriarch in Novi Sad. In his will, the benefactor expressed his desire not to […]

Read more

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

Four major paintings were recorded in the Roman Catholic Church. Birth of the Virgin, work by Joseph Švarac: the picture is on the main altar. The whole composition was built in the form of the letter M. On the right, on the low stand, an open box with various small glass bowls is shown. On […]

Read more

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST. TRINITY

The Roman Catholic Church in Choca was built by the donation of the noble family Marcibanji. The name of the designer is not known to us, but it is assumed that the church was built, as well as dozens of churches in this area, according to standard type projects realized in the appropriate state administration […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. ASSUMPTION OF THE LORD

The Sanctuary Church in Sanad was erected at the end of the 18th century as a single-storey building of Baroque architectural features. In the western grass, in function, the gallery is located. Four barrel-shaped grasses form the naos. The spacious altar apse comprises deep niches of prosthesis and deaconicon. The altar bulkheads and trunches are […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. NICHOLAS

According to written sources from 1758, the administrator of the Timisoara diocese Arsenije Radivojević states that the church in Tisa St. Miklos (now Ostojićevo) existed already that year, and that it was erected even earlier and that it was dedicated to St. Never. Namely, he states that on November 1, 1733, the Temišvar bishop Nikolai […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF THE HOLY ARCHANGELS

The iconostasis was brought from the Vojlovica monastery, for which it was too big, so its origin is unknown. On the back of the iconostasis there are data on the origin and reconstruction, where it was said that the iconostas was painted in 1752, rebuilt in 1891, and completely depicted in 1931. The first date […]

Read more