Kikinda

“VODICA” PLACE OF WORSHIP

The worship place is located on the flat floor of the embankment, about 3 km south of Kikinda. This cult unit includes a chapel with a boulevard, a built-up cone, “konaki” buried in wood, four wells grouped near the chapel and a stone cross on a stepped postamento. Judging by the inscription on the cross, […]

Read more

ARCHEOLOGICAL SITE GRADIŠTE

It is located about 7 km northwest of Kikinda, in the direction of Idojos. It is a fortified settlement with ramparts from the land of the land, known as the “Slovenian town”. It was still inhabited in Neolithic, and with interruptions the life took place until the early Middle Ages. The remains of the Neolithic […]

Read more

BUILDING OF THE GREAT KIKINDA DISTRICT

The building of the former magistrate of the large-sized District – the building was built for the needs of administrative services between 1836/39. The final works, such as the installation of the stone emblem of Dištrikt and some other works, were completed in 1841. Due to its purpose which has remained to date as a […]

Read more

HOUSE IN PERE SEGEDINCA STREET

A residential building is a typical example of the Pannonian-Vojvodinian house. It was built in 1878. It belongs to the type of “swap house” and has all of its features such as entering the house over three steps from the street. From the courtyard side is the gong, from which it enters all the rooms. […]

Read more

KIKINDA CITY CORE

The spatial cultural and historical whole was built between 1750 and 1754. settling border families. The center of the settlement was formed around a large oval pond in the middle of which was the exact mound on which it was erected, half in the country, a church with a graveyard on the eastern and western […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ARHISTRATIG MICHAEL

North of the city of Kikinda is a large village, Mokrin. In the mentioned village in 1762 a church was dedicated to the architect Mihailo. There is a note on the cartridge, framed by the baroque-frame frame, below the icon of Jesus Christ. It is a one-nave building in a classical spirit. The west facade […]

Read more

SUVAČA

In Kikinda, on the corner of Nemanjina and Moravska Street, there is a suvač, now the only object of its kind in Vojvodina. On April 19, 1889, Max Adamov of Kikinda bought from Paje Adamov from Kikinda for a sum of three forints, an empty plot of land, 250 acres of land, and used it […]

Read more

THE BUILDING OF THE FORMER PEOPLE’S COMITEE

The building was erected in 1834 in the center of the settlement, in the spirit of classicism. It is ground floor, longitudinal rectangular bases. On the main façade, the three-part split of the wall cloth is formed with open porch, with four pillars and two half-shells, as well as two side rhizalites decorated with lynx. […]

Read more

TOMB OF THE ČARNOJEVIĆ FAMILY

Family Čarnojević became prominent and famous for the most prominent representative of Patriarch Arseny III. Members of one branch of the family (bearers of the noble predicate Černović de Mača), under the leadership of Pavel Čarnojević, moved to Rusko Selo in 1797. Until 1823, he lived in a low, dark, bullet-proof house that was covered […]

Read more