Novi Kneževac

ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE SIGET ANKA

The archaeological site “Siget Anka” is a powerful calf settlement with the settlement from the early Bronze Age until the Middle Ages. The existence of older horizons is to be expected, since smaller excavations from 1890, run by Rajzner (two probes 2 x 3), revealed the parts of the Bronze-Dane houses, as well as the […]

Read more

OIL PRESS IN OBILIĆEVO

The building was built in the style of classicism. In Novi Kneževac there were several facilitators. To date, only the owen in the property of Karol Chepe has been preserved. This facility is a rarely preserved, old mill facility, whose former economic importance was great. The oil that produced the oily, or “olaj” was important […]

Read more

REMAINS OF ST. GEORGE’S MONASTERY

The location in the village of Majdan can be connected with the monastery of St. George, who according to the Great Gelert legend founded Chanad around 1030 with the Greek monks. The sources confirm some allegations that the monastery was later taken over by Benedictines. In written sources from 1247, it appears as Wruzlamus munusturu; […]

Read more

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST. GEORGE

The construction of the church began in 1847 and was completed in 1858 and carries the stylistic characteristics of classicalism. It is basically one-walled building, simple architecture and no plastic decoration. On the facade the entrance is marked by shallow pilasters that appear on the very edges as well as on the side facades of […]

Read more

SERVIEN CHAPEL

Under the name Servien lived an aromanian family in Novi Sad, which founded one of the earliest scholarship funds. This fund has educated many well-known members of Serbian intelligence. Dervishes of the Services were Đurkovići, and often Đorđevići also wrote. The brothers Aksentije and Manojlo have been mentioned in 1751 as wealthy merchants, and in […]

Read more

SHULPE’S CASTLE

About the family Serving most of the data is provided by Vasja Stajic in her part of the “Novi Sad Biography”, which states that in Novi Sad, a cynical Family Servis, known for having founded one of the largest of our scholarship funds, from whose funds are studied great names of Serbian intelligence. Their ancestors […]

Read more

THE BUILDING OF THE FORMER PEOPLE’S COMITEE

In Marshal Tito Street (now St. Sava Street), the premises of the local community, protected in 1972. The construction of the building, the then municipal house began in 1840 and was completed in 1848. The foundation of the building is “on the elbow” with the right side long leg. The main façade, with a trim […]

Read more

THE CULTURAL CENTER BUILDING

The construction of the Maldeghem castle in Novi Kneževac occurs at the end of a long construction practice of raising homes of immigrants in the center of large estates. The basic concept belongs to the representative construction of summer houses from the end of the XIX and the beginning of the XX century built in […]

Read more