Senta

BIRTH HOUSE OF STEVAN SREMAC

The writer Stevan Sremac was born in Senta on November 23, 1855. in house no. 4, in the street that today carries his name. Sremac has a prominent place in Serbian literature. Through literary works, he gave a kind of picture of the social circumstances of the Serbian Palaeo life in Vojvodina in the north, […]

Read more

BUILDING LENINOVA 14

At the time of designing and building his family house in Senta 1896/97. The architect Vladimir Nikolic was already off by the construction of a representative Patriarchal Palace in Sremski Karlovci (built in 1892/93). After staying in Vienna for studies, a nine-year work at the Ministry of Construction in Belgrade and moving to Sremski Karlovci […]

Read more

BUILDING WITH SUNBATHING GABLE

The house was built at the turn of the XIX and XX centuries. In the monograph of the Bač-Bodroška County, issued in 1909, the type of the house with a sunglass is called Senjenski. Furthermore, on typical projects, made in 1906, they are falling off the boards, and the forms are far simpler. After 1914, […]

Read more

CHAPEL OF ST. ARCHANGEL GABRIEL

The chapel is dedicated to St. Archangel Gabriel and located in the northeastern part of the Orthodox graveyard in Senta, east-west. The chapel was built by Jakov Kragujević in 1868 as a significance to his son Milan, who died in the 1848 revolution. It was built in a neo-baroque style, approximately a square base, with […]

Read more

FIREFIGHTERS’ BARRACKS

Romantic ideas, from the turn of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, reflected in the exterior decoration of facade ceramics, reflected the desire of Eden Lehner to create a national style in the construction industry. One of Lehner’s students always pointed out to White Lite (1873-1920) because he was not an ordinary follower, but further enhanced […]

Read more

HOTEL ROYAL

The “Hotel Royal” building is set up by a central facade towards the main city park. According to the old Sagan architect Ferenc Vartus, the building was hoisted around 1908, at the site of the old mound “Magyar Király” because he was the author of the MAGYAR EDE project (1877-1912). a segregated architect who worked […]

Read more

PARISH AND THE MUSEUM

The building was erected in 1909 according to the projects of architect BERENZENCZEY DOMONKOS, who designed the building of the Gymnasium in Senta. The building contractor was SZÁRICH GEZA elected in 1908 at the time of the GOZON ISTVÁNA pleban. Plebania’s premises were designed on the first floor, while the ground floor was intended for […]

Read more

PLACE OF THE SENTA BATTLE

At the end of the 17th century there was a weakening of the Turkish state. The Sultan wanted to regain the status of great power by attacking Vienna. Christian Europe could not allow the fall of the capital of the Habsburg Monarchy and the penetration of the Turks deep into the continent. To this end, […]

Read more

SCHOOL NEAR ADA

In 1883, Sente City Council decided to build six schools in Silesia. The construction of these schools was started in 1884, and the classes began as early as next year. For the construction of each school, the land is purchased, half a square meter of the “chain” of the land. The works were entrusted to […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. ARCHANGEL MICHAEL

After the Great Emigration in 1690, the settled Serbs in Senta raised their first religious place west of today’s temple, at the end of today’s park in the city center. It was built of bullets and braids, and after the construction of a new church of hard material, in a sanctified place in 1809, a […]

Read more

SLAVNIĆ HOUSE

Building in Ađanska Street (Leninova) no. 10 until 1977 was owned by the descendants of Krste Slavnić, or sisters Vojislav and Aleksandra, born. Slavnić, and since August 8, 1978, the building has been divided into four parts owned by the families: Ciric (Uros) Lazar, Vasa Vince and Peter Karolja, who are still owners of this […]

Read more

STEVAN SREMAC PRIMARY SCHOOL

School in the Kevi farmstead settlement was erected in 1912 according to a typical project signed by Ćula Švab, architect from the technical department of the Hungarian Ministry of Culture and Education. This was the second state school built in the village for which the land, as well as the first one, was donated by […]

Read more

TOWN HOUSE

The Old Town House in Senta, for which the foundation stone was laid on August 19, 1830, burnt on April 16, 1911 at the same time as the church “Szt. István “. According to the records of the City Council Senta, we find out that in 1912 a decision was made to call a public […]

Read more