Etnology

“VODICA” PLACE OF WORSHIP

The worship place is located on the flat floor of the embankment, about 3 km south of Kikinda. This cult unit includes a chapel with a boulevard, a built-up cone, “konaki” buried in wood, four wells grouped near the chapel and a stone cross on a stepped postamento. Judging by the inscription on the cross, […]

Read more

ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE CRKVINE, TEMPLOMDOMB

The location is located in the attic of the village of Horgos, about 300 m north of the railway Subotica – Horgos. Protective excavations uncovered the foundations of the church with a tower that was attached to the west wall. The foundations of the temple were made in the technique of melancholy, of broken stone, […]

Read more

ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE PEREŠ

The archaeological site is located on a sandy hill near Ludaš Lake, northeast of Subotica. During the research works in 1951, a site was found in a layer of wood in which the traces of the fire were observed. An artifact whose cultural affiliation was not determined was found. The sandstone around the lake was […]

Read more

ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE SIGET ANKA

The archaeological site “Siget Anka” is a powerful calf settlement with the settlement from the early Bronze Age until the Middle Ages. The existence of older horizons is to be expected, since smaller excavations from 1890, run by Rajzner (two probes 2 x 3), revealed the parts of the Bronze-Dane houses, as well as the […]

Read more

ARCHEOLOGICAL SITE GRADIŠTE

It is located about 7 km northwest of Kikinda, in the direction of Idojos. It is a fortified settlement with ramparts from the land of the land, known as the “Slovenian town”. It was still inhabited in Neolithic, and with interruptions the life took place until the early Middle Ages. The remains of the Neolithic […]

Read more

BAPTISM CROSS

The sacral cross was set up in 1824 at the site of the altar of the Orthodox church that was destroyed that year, and in the immediate vicinity, that same year the new church was consecrated. The wooden cross is placed on a concrete bed with a tin plate at the joint of the arms. […]

Read more

BIRTH HOUSE OF AKSENTIJE MARODIĆ

In the protocol of the Serbian Orthodox Church of the Holy Ascension of the Lord in Subotica, it was noted that Aksentije Marodić was born on February 20, 1838, from Father Maksim, tailor and mother Ljubica, in a house that still exists in Vatroslav Lisinski No. 9 Street today. Aksentije Marodić lived in Subotica, until […]

Read more

Birth House of Novak Radonić

he house was erected in the first half of the 19th century and is located in the old part of the settlement in the immediate vicinity of the Serbian Orthodox Church. It is located in the north-south direction and belongs to the developed type of Pannonian house built from a charge, with the pronounced decorative […]

Read more

BIRTH HOUSE OF STEVAN SREMAC

The writer Stevan Sremac was born in Senta on November 23, 1855. in house no. 4, in the street that today carries his name. Sremac has a prominent place in Serbian literature. Through literary works, he gave a kind of picture of the social circumstances of the Serbian Palaeo life in Vojvodina in the north, […]

Read more

BLACKSMITH AND CRAFTING WORKSHOP

The building of the blacksmith and crafting workshop, founded by Egri brothers in the last quarter of the 19th century, was built in the style of eclecticism. It is designed according to the then applicable regulations for industrial facilities. It consists of a workshop in Colar-Kovka with tools and examples of finished products. It was […]

Read more

BUILDING BRAĆA RADIĆA 74

The building was built in 1902 according to the design of architect P. Beraneka, for the needs of Janus Brauhler (Brauchler Janos), carpenters and woodworkers. It was built in the style of mature historicism, neo-baroque stylistic orientation, with abundant use of baroque ornaments, in order to achieve representativity of the building. The building is a […]

Read more

BUILDING FRANKOPANSKA 2

At the end of last century Subotica is one of the cities that has the most dynamic direction of development in Hungary, but this does not follow the same degree of development in culture and education. Although the third city is the country’s population, the highest percentage of illiteracy has been recorded here. The city […]

Read more

BUILDING LENIN PARK 13

The building was built in 1898 for Ferenc Šimegi, the owner of the state-of-the-art steam mill in the area, according to Titus Mačković’s projects, who applied the neo-stylistic orientation to the building. It represents the last in a series of four palaces on the northern edge of the park, located at the corner of the […]

Read more

BUILDING LENINOVA 14

At the time of designing and building his family house in Senta 1896/97. The architect Vladimir Nikolic was already off by the construction of a representative Patriarchal Palace in Sremski Karlovci (built in 1892/93). After staying in Vienna for studies, a nine-year work at the Ministry of Construction in Belgrade and moving to Sremski Karlovci […]

Read more

BUILDING OF THE GREAT KIKINDA DISTRICT

The building of the former magistrate of the large-sized District – the building was built for the needs of administrative services between 1836/39. The final works, such as the installation of the stone emblem of Dištrikt and some other works, were completed in 1841. Due to its purpose which has remained to date as a […]

Read more

BUILDING ON CARA JOVANA NENADA SQUARE 7

One-storey corner building located across the oldest house, built probably in the second half of the nineteenth century with stylistic characteristics of classicism. Today’s appearance of the building was received by the adaptation probably at the beginning of the twentieth century, when the building was secessioned wall plastic in the upper part of the floor-belt […]

Read more

BUILDING ON CARA JOVANA NENADA SQUARE 9

From the second period, from the period of euphoric construction and suburban construction, the object dates back to the Square of Emperor Jovan Nenad. Built in the style of neo-Renaissance, in the style that was and was accepted in the nineties of the XIX century not only in Subotica, but also throughout Central Europe. Neorenesansa […]

Read more

BUILDING ŠTROSMAJEROVA 8

According to the writer of the historian Istvan Ivanjija, the writer of the only published monograph of the city, at the site of today’s building in Štrosmajer number 8, at the end of the 18th century, a tavern under the name “Black Eagle” was located where theater performances and balls were held. Today it is […]

Read more

BUILDING TRG REPUBLIKE 8

The building on Republic Square No. 8 is part of the Trougao complex. On the engraving from 1815 on this site is a ground-floor building owned by Jožef Sucic. The building is with large open-entry entrances. The building was later transferred to the property of the families Ostojic and Jakobcic. It was redecorated in the […]

Read more

BUILDING WITH SUNBATHING GABLE

The house was built at the turn of the XIX and XX centuries. In the monograph of the Bač-Bodroška County, issued in 1909, the type of the house with a sunglass is called Senjenski. Furthermore, on typical projects, made in 1906, they are falling off the boards, and the forms are far simpler. After 1914, […]

Read more

CASTLE LEDERER

According to Š. Borovsky, Choku was bought by the Hungarian spahija Lerinc Marcibani at the first public auction of the Comoros in 1781 when they sold 22 volcanoes. The construction of the castle began with the Marcibani family, which kept this well in possession until 1868 when it was sold to Agoston Barber and Klusemann, […]

Read more

CASTLE OF COUNT KARAS

Castle Karas in Horgoš was built for the members of the Karas family, after the Horgoš desert from 1764 was separated from the Military Krajina. One half of the estate was purchased by Martonos, and the other was distributed by Zigmond Andrari and Miklos Karas, the main notebook of Szeged. In 1751, Karas bought Andrar’s […]

Read more

CHAPEL “VODICE DEDICATED TO THE GREAT LADY”

The cultural asset consists of an Orthodox chapel with a bunar and a cross, and a Catholic chapel with a well and crucifixion. The Orthodox chapel was built in 1885 and was renovated in 1900. The chapel was rebuilt in the style of the neovizantija in 1940, according to the projects of Dragutin Molcer. This […]

Read more

CHAPEL OF ST. ARCHANGEL GABRIEL

The chapel is dedicated to St. Archangel Gabriel and located in the northeastern part of the Orthodox graveyard in Senta, east-west. The chapel was built by Jakov Kragujević in 1868 as a significance to his son Milan, who died in the 1848 revolution. It was built in a neo-baroque style, approximately a square base, with […]

Read more

CHAPEL OF SV. ROCH

The original small wooden chapel built in 1738 on the initiative of the Franciscans, in the sign of gratitude to St. Rocky, a plague protector who took a lot of lives in Subotica that year. It was built at the site where in 1693 30 residents of Subotica were buried, who were killed by Tekelija’s […]

Read more

CHAPEL ON CATHOLIC CEMETERY

The family of Halas from Pachir built a chapel at the Catholic cemetery in 1868 for their needs, and for the needs of the Catholic people, as recorded on the memorial table on the chapel: for the glory of God and for the spiritual needs of the Catholic people. This means that they are occasionally […]

Read more

CHAPEL ON ORTHODOX CEMETERY

From the Minutes from the session of the Church Committee of the Serbian Orthodox Church School in Martonoš, held on February 28, 1896, we learn that, according to the wishes of Nataša Šećerov, born Dobrički in Martonoš, the construction of a chapel dedicated to the Great Martyr Georgi on the Orthodox cemetery in Martonoš was […]

Read more

CHAPEL VUJIN

The great Serbian national benefactor, Nenad Vujin, born in Montenegro, on May 6, 1889, in front of the battlefield, left his will for the case of his death in which he left all his movable and immovable property to the Serbian Matriarch in Novi Sad. In his will, the benefactor expressed his desire not to […]

Read more

CHAPELS AT THE BAJA CEMETERY

During the XIX century all cemeteries in Subotica were edited and expanded. In 1803, the Staro Bajsko groblje was extended through the town of Varoš, in what area it is still today. At the beginning of the 1980s, when the city was rapidly economically strengthening, the most famous families built the first chapels as evidence […]

Read more

CITY CORE OF SUBOTICA

The city core of Subotica was proclaimed a spatial cultural and historical unit in 1986 (by the decision of MZZSK Subotica No. 101-4 dated 13.12.1986), and it was established for the city core of great importance in 1991 (Official Gazette SRJ 25/91 ). The historical core of Subotica is located on the territory of the […]

Read more

CITY LIBRARY NATIONAL CASINO

The building was completed in 1896 and has preserved its original form to date and is one of the most significant examples of eclectic architecture in the city. It was created by the renewal and upgrading of the centenary Baroque curia of the Skenderović family of Subotica. The building faces the square with a frontal […]

Read more

CONEN VILLA

Raichle Ferenc, the creator of a recognizable architecture in the city, in constant search for his identity, took advantage of the opportunity shown and although there is only one object on Palic, overshadowed all others, hinted at the spirit of the new times and the new architecture. In 1900, Rajhlu entrusted the design of his […]

Read more

DIMITRIJEVIĆ HOUSE

The corner one-storey building built for Jovan Dimitrijevic in 1881 according to the projects of the Subotica architect Tito Mackovic, who, with his eclectic works with prevailing non-Renaissance characteristics, gave the main stamp a whole street move. The object is symmetrically conceived with two lateral rhizalites, and in the intermediary part, a pedestrian entrance is […]

Read more

DOMINUS HOUSE

Very similarly the house of Simon Dominus was designed, which was designed by Titus Mackov in 1891. Like Halbrover’s building and this is a single-storey house with the dominance of Renaissance elements, especially on the ground floor where the wall canvas is made in massive rust. Four arched portals were roastically processed. The symmetry of […]

Read more

DR VINKO PERČIĆ GALLERY

The building was erected for Dr. Mihalja Gereb at the end of the XIX century, according to the projects of the Budapest architect Deže Jakab. The project was made in 1894 and includes the early works of this exceptional architect who designed the building with a special emphasis on the decorative component made in the […]

Read more

Dudvarski Chapel

The oldest Serbian families who settled in Ada during the Great Emigration of Serbs under Arseny Carnojevic were: Dudvarski, Nikolići, Marjanovići, Sijački, Sedmakovi (Seven inhabitants), Jakovljevići and others. After pushing the Turks south of the Sava and the Danube, the Potisko-Maritime military landscape loses its strategic importance. The Austrian authorities tried to make the Serbian […]

Read more

EXCISE DUTY

Subotica, as a transit point on a vital road that connected Tisa and the Danube, grew and developed from the 13th to the 14th century. In the second half of the 18th century, it gained the status of a free royal city from the Vienna court. The new status made it possible for the city […]

Read more

FARM IN NOSA

On the basis of comparisons with similar farms on the neighboring Ludasthary shores, the residential building, a stable and a magazine for grain were probably raised at the beginning of the 20th century. Other buildings could be masonry later. The original dwelling house was with three floors. In the sixties, the three were turned into […]

Read more

FARM IN VERUŠIĆ

Residential buildings and stables (baskets) were built in 1911. At the time when the charged walls were dug, the well was dug up and erected. Such was the practice of all builders, before they started masonry work, they would provide water. The father of the current owner died in 1915. The housewife did not marry […]

Read more

FIREFIGHTERS’ BARRACKS

Romantic ideas, from the turn of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, reflected in the exterior decoration of facade ceramics, reflected the desire of Eden Lehner to create a national style in the construction industry. One of Lehner’s students always pointed out to White Lite (1873-1920) because he was not an ordinary follower, but further enhanced […]

Read more

FRANCISCAN MONASTERY

Subotica is most likely to be created in the 13th century during the Hungarian king Bela IV, on a trade road that links the wealthy regions of Erdzel with the craft centers on the slopes of the eastern Alps. The settlement is formed at a point where this time, on a one-day walk from the […]

Read more

GREAT TERRACE

The large terrace is the central object of the former spa, both in its location, its dimensions, its architecture and its function. It was built between 1909 and 1912 by the projects of the Chamber of Marcela and Deja Jakaba from 1908/09, architects from Budapest, in the style of the Hungarian secessionist variant. The location […]

Read more

HALBROR HOUSE

In 1890, Geza Kocka projected a one-storey cottage that was owned by the wealthy Halbror family. This eclectic architect brought out a very harmonious object of Renaissance lines on the decorative elements of classicism. Geza Kocka added four Renaissance portals with windows to the facade cladding made of fused bricks. The semicircular window was embedded […]

Read more

HOLY TRINITY

“Holy Trinity” is the first public monument in Bajmok, built in 1878. It was built by the Wolf family from Bajmok. It is located in the center of Baimök. By the forties of this century, it was located in front of the Catholic Church of St. Peter and Paul. Serially made sculptures in the sandstone […]

Read more

HOTEL OF ADOLF HALBROR

Object no. 10 is known as “Zagreb” café, and it was owned by Hal Harbrohr (Halbrohr Mór). The original hotel “Nacional” (Nemzetti sálloda) was designed by Geza Kocka (Kocka Géza) in 1897, but the architect Ferenc Rajl (Raichl Ferenc) redesigned and covered the Renaissance façade with the vegetable ornamentation of the secessionist character in 1905. […]

Read more

HOTEL ROYAL

The “Hotel Royal” building is set up by a central facade towards the main city park. According to the old Sagan architect Ferenc Vartus, the building was hoisted around 1908, at the site of the old mound “Magyar Király” because he was the author of the MAGYAR EDE project (1877-1912). a segregated architect who worked […]

Read more

HOUSE IN PERE SEGEDINCA STREET

A residential building is a typical example of the Pannonian-Vojvodinian house. It was built in 1878. It belongs to the type of “swap house” and has all of its features such as entering the house over three steps from the street. From the courtyard side is the gong, from which it enters all the rooms. […]

Read more

House of Đuro Manojlović

The last building in the row of Korzo, on the right side of the center, was built according to Titus Mačković’s projects in 1881. It is a free-standing family palace of Đura Manojlović, built in the style of eclecticism, which was created according to the principle of cutting architectural cubes into a harmoniously integrated whole. […]

Read more

HUNGARIAN REFORMED CHURCH

The church was built in 1822. The conception of space, volume and decorative elements, both purely stylistic, and those taken from folk creations, is a blend of baroque-classical features of a particular variant. The interior of the interior (preaching room, choirs, bench-seats, central cult place “paradis” organ) were made in the classical style. Naos is […]

Read more

JEWISH CEMETERY

Until today, only two historians Istvan Ivanji and Dusan Jelic dealt with the past of the Subotica Jews. About the history of the Jewish cemetery Ivanji in his “History of Subotica” gives only three sentences, which read: “The Jewish cemetery was near the Hall of the Hall. When the cemetery was erected in 1829, it […]

Read more

JEWISH MUNICIPALITY

The building was erected in 1904 according to the projects of Marcelo Chamber and Deja Jakaba, architects from Budapest, in the Hungarian version of the Secession. In the basic conception, the facade of the building retained the traditional three-part split in the middle, more pronounced part of the outflow and the two ultimate rizalite. This […]

Read more

KAMARAŠ VILLA

The railway station at the end of the XIX century Horgos-Kamaraš belonged to the landowner Gezi Karas (Kárász Géza). After his death, the land around the landscaped park and the lake was sparse. Many of the inhabitants of Szeged, the nearest major city, have attracted the beauty of the forest at Kamaraš, and here build […]

Read more

KIKINDA CITY CORE

The spatial cultural and historical whole was built between 1750 and 1754. settling border families. The center of the settlement was formed around a large oval pond in the middle of which was the exact mound on which it was erected, half in the country, a church with a graveyard on the eastern and western […]

Read more

LEOVIĆ PALACE

Almost simultaneously with the emergence of secession in Europe, in 1893, a modest building in Subotica was built for Simeon Leovic, the royal notary, according to the project Eden Lehner and Dule Partosa (Pártos Gyula). Among the first in Hungary, she hinted at a new movement in the architecture of the “Hungarian national style” that […]

Read more

LONČAREVIĆ HOUSE

The oldest house on the corner of “Trougla” is the so-called. Lončarević house. The building of Jakov Lončarević, later the property of Machaž Vitmešer, one of the oldest floorbuildings built in the immediate vicinity of the former castrum. All buildings built outside the walls at the end of the 18th century are terraced or with […]

Read more

MAGAZINE FOR CEREALS

The building is one-storey, imposing appearance and consistent proportions. All elements of the construction, both masonry and wood, are very massive. The primary structure was built with brick of the old format, and the roof structure and the intercity structures carried on the pillars are wooden. The building has five useful floors: basement, high ground […]

Read more

MANOJLOVIĆ PALACE

In a series of palaces that will be erected in the last decade of the 19th century, already in the main street of the city, today’s Korzo, Titus Mačković designed the cottage for Samko Manojlović in 1881. It is a one-sided angular object in the form of a rectangle, built in the style of eclectic […]

Read more

MILINOVIĆ KAPELA

Stefan Milinović (1745-1811) is a descendant of Senjan border “vexillarius” Nesja, who received the Hungarian nobility on March 1, 1751 for his wife Milinko Adamov and for children Jovan, Todor, Irene and Jelen. The family coat of arms is a white flag on a red shield, on the top of a helmet helmet with a […]

Read more

MONUMENT TO FALLEN SOLDIERS AND VICTIMS OF FASCISM

The monument to the fallen soldiers and victims of fascist terror has been in function of the mausoleum since November 1946, when the remains of a giant of the Subotica workers’ movement and revolutions of gunmen, hanged or killed in the liberation struggle of this region were laid with the solemn commemoration. The monument consists […]

Read more

MUSIC PAVILION

As part of the central representative buildings that today symbolize Palić as a holiday resort, the architectural ensemble, which in the spirit of the Hungarian secessionist scheme was remarkably realized by the famous architects Komor Marcel and Jakab Deze in 1910. Directly in front of the largest building of the Great Terrace, and near the […]

Read more

NATIONAL THEATRE

The theater projects were made by architect Janos Skulteti (Scultety János), who came to Subotica in 1842 as the chief construction supervisor from Satmar. That same year, he was assigned the task of the City Senate to project the building of a large inn and hotel. Schultwets made projects in 1843, but historical events from […]

Read more

OIL PRESS IN OBILIĆEVO

The building was built in the style of classicism. In Novi Kneževac there were several facilitators. To date, only the owen in the property of Karol Chepe has been preserved. This facility is a rarely preserved, old mill facility, whose former economic importance was great. The oil that produced the oily, or “olaj” was important […]

Read more

ORLUŠKOV FAMILY FARM

Farm of family Orluškov was created at the end of the XIX century as a farmstead habitat with a building-farm, which was also used for housing and economic purposes. Under the same roof there was a stable and a house built around 1870. By building a new pavilion building in 1900, stables and other auxiliary […]

Read more

ORTHODOX SCHOOL

The building was built in 1854, as the “New Serbian Orthodox National School”, with the funds of the church municipality. It was built as a ground-level object of a rectangular base, set on the corner of the two streets, with a functional solution of the base in which the classroom and teacher’s apartment stand is […]

Read more

OSTOJIĆ CHAPEL

Jovan Ostojić (1804-1865) and his wife Terezija (born Zozuk, 1803-1876) were great Subotica Serbian national benefactors, as they rightly claimed already in their time. The basic letter of their Foundation was issued by the Serbian Orthodox Church in 1929, and it was composed by Judge Svetozar Milutinovic. Very little is known about the life of […]

Read more

OSTOJIĆ PALACE

The unique triangle “Trougla” consists of buildings on Republic Square No. 4 and 6. According to an engraving from 1815, there was a ground floor house with shopping malls and a large yard. Year of construction is on the balcony shaft and tells us that the storey building was built in 1848. This year has […]

Read more

PAL KRAI’S CASTLE

In 1800, the chamber of Backa Topola became the property of the Baron family Pala Kraia. Baron Pal Krai received a noble charter in 1762, and he received a baron ranking after 30 years. Probably soon and then the castle was erected. Project documentation has not been recorded so far). He did not live on […]

Read more

PALACE OF MAYOR LAZAR MAMUŽIĆ

At the place where there once existed “Rogina Bar” after its drying and embankments in the last decade of the XIX century, four representative palaces were erected. The then Mayor Lazar Mamužić 1891/92. He gave himself a magnificent palace for himself, the first of four in a row. As an expert politician he gathered around […]

Read more

PARISH AND THE MUSEUM

The building was erected in 1909 according to the projects of architect BERENZENCZEY DOMONKOS, who designed the building of the Gymnasium in Senta. The building contractor was SZÁRICH GEZA elected in 1908 at the time of the GOZON ISTVÁNA pleban. Plebania’s premises were designed on the first floor, while the ground floor was intended for […]

Read more

PLACE OF THE SENTA BATTLE

At the end of the 17th century there was a weakening of the Turkish state. The Sultan wanted to regain the status of great power by attacking Vienna. Christian Europe could not allow the fall of the capital of the Habsburg Monarchy and the penetration of the Turks deep into the continent. To this end, […]

Read more

POLYTECHNIC HIGH SCHOOL (“18th NOVEMBER”)

Building High School “18. November “in Subotica is a building in a series of high-altitude and bases in the form of the reverse Latin letter” L “. The shortened wing was placed on the control line of Maxim Gorky Street. The building extends into the depth of the plot. It was built around 1910/12. for […]

Read more

PROKESH RENTAL PALACE

The last object in this series of harmonious works from the end of the XIX century is the massive monumental “Prokes” palace, under the number 15, which occupies the entire block. It was built in 1887/88. year after the projects of Geza Kocka. This two-storey building extends to three streets: Engels, Korzo and Djura Đakovića. […]

Read more

RADIĆ CHAPEL

In 1868, Maria, a member of Timothy-Time Radic, appealed to the City Senate with the attached purchase agreements with Bel Jakobcic about the purchase of land and project documentation, seeking permission to build a “chapel with a family tomb, as a memorial to her husband, and maintenance of the chapel will be ensured by the […]

Read more

RAICHLE PALACE “ARTISTIC MEETING”

The family palace Ferenc Raichle designed for his home built 1903/1904. years. He invested all his capital and creative potential, but soon he was bankrupt, and since 1908, the Court seized all his property and exhibited at auction. As a new owner, the Bank publishes in the newspapers a public auction, and the sale of […]

Read more

RAILROAD STATION

During the first decade of the twentieth century, cellular stations along with dissolved farms around Subotica received their cellular facilities. In 1910, projects for typical cellular objects were made. One such preserved and still functioning cell is the Naumovićevo cellar (now Šomčić’s farm). This building is characterized by its stylistic characteristics by the flows of […]

Read more

RAILROAD STATION PALIĆ

In the mid-nineteenth century, the formation of the Palić resort began. Already in 1840, the central park was planted along the lake, and for the next decades nothing was lost for the other villa – the parks of distinguished Subotica. Significant date for the further development of Palic as a holiday resort is undoubtedly the […]

Read more

RAILWAY STATION HORGOŠ – KAMARAŠ

The Horgos Kamaraš Railway Station is a rectangular building with rectangular trimmed-waistcoat, longitudinally positioned along the railway line. The railway station building was built in 1887, two decades after the passing of the first train by the Subotica – Segedin railroad (1869), and along with the construction of the Horgos Kamaraš picnic, a settlement with […]

Read more

REFORMATORY CHURCH AND PARISH HOUSE

Since 1409, Pachir has appeared in historical sources. In Turkish defterers it was written in 1582 with 16 taxable houses. After the expulsion of the Ottomans, the Serbian border was settled in the desert. Hungarian colonists of the reformed faith from Kunschag came in 1786. The Reformation raises the church from the churchyard in 1791. […]

Read more

REMAINS OF ST. GEORGE’S MONASTERY

The location in the village of Majdan can be connected with the monastery of St. George, who according to the Great Gelert legend founded Chanad around 1030 with the Greek monks. The sources confirm some allegations that the monastery was later taken over by Benedictines. In written sources from 1247, it appears as Wruzlamus munusturu; […]

Read more

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH

Four major paintings were recorded in the Roman Catholic Church. Birth of the Virgin, work by Joseph Švarac: the picture is on the main altar. The whole composition was built in the form of the letter M. On the right, on the low stand, an open box with various small glass bowls is shown. On […]

Read more

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH – SТ. TERESA OF AVILA

Church opportunities in the Kaloche Archdiocese began to be regulated by the issuance of a decree on the unique organization and management of the parish in 1738. The Franciscans did not keep those parts of the decree, which were in line with religious rules, therefore the archbishop decided to deprive the Friars of the right […]

Read more

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST. GEORGE

The construction of the church began in 1847 and was completed in 1858 and carries the stylistic characteristics of classicalism. It is basically one-walled building, simple architecture and no plastic decoration. On the facade the entrance is marked by shallow pilasters that appear on the very edges as well as on the side facades of […]

Read more

ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH OF ST. TRINITY

The Roman Catholic Church in Choca was built by the donation of the noble family Marcibanji. The name of the designer is not known to us, but it is assumed that the church was built, as well as dozens of churches in this area, according to standard type projects realized in the appropriate state administration […]

Read more

SCHOOL NEAR ADA

In 1883, Sente City Council decided to build six schools in Silesia. The construction of these schools was started in 1884, and the classes began as early as next year. For the construction of each school, the land is purchased, half a square meter of the “chain” of the land. The works were entrusted to […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ARHISTRATIG MICHAEL

North of the city of Kikinda is a large village, Mokrin. In the mentioned village in 1762 a church was dedicated to the architect Mihailo. There is a note on the cartridge, framed by the baroque-frame frame, below the icon of Jesus Christ. It is a one-nave building in a classical spirit. The west facade […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. ARCHANGEL MICHAEL

According to the Yearbook of the Serbian Orthodox Church in Kanjiža, the first church was erected at the mouth of the mouth of the Kireš stream in Tisza, and it was built of platelets. The Serbs raised it after arriving in these parts, the Great Seaboard under Arseny Carnojevic in 1690. At the site of […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. ARCHANGEL MICHAEL

After the Great Emigration in 1690, the settled Serbs in Senta raised their first religious place west of today’s temple, at the end of today’s park in the city center. It was built of bullets and braids, and after the construction of a new church of hard material, in a sanctified place in 1809, a […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. ASSUMPTION OF THE LORD

The Sanctuary Church in Sanad was erected at the end of the 18th century as a single-storey building of Baroque architectural features. In the western grass, in function, the gallery is located. Four barrel-shaped grasses form the naos. The spacious altar apse comprises deep niches of prosthesis and deaconicon. The altar bulkheads and trunches are […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. DEMETRIUS

The Orthodox church municipality in Subotica on January 5, 1787 prays Magistrat to allow more of its fellow countrymen, delivering a list of the names of 80 Serbs, who expressed their desire to move from the city to Alexandrovo, in whose territory the colonization has begun. The Serbs wanted to establish their permanent domicile here, […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. DIMITRIJA

The village of Bajša, a few kilometers away from Backa Topola, was in the possession of noble families Zako and Vojnic in the 18th century. When noblemen from the Zako family built a castle in their possession, they connected it through a courtyard garden with the newly built Orthodox Church of Sts. Dimitrija. The church […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. NICHOLAS

According to written sources from 1758, the administrator of the Timisoara diocese Arsenije Radivojević states that the church in Tisa St. Miklos (now Ostojićevo) existed already that year, and that it was erected even earlier and that it was dedicated to St. Never. Namely, he states that on November 1, 1733, the Temišvar bishop Nikolai […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. SAVA

According to one record of the 1762 Segedin Franciscan priest in Mol and Petrov village, there could have been very few Catholics among the Serbs. Serbs already had a church of bricks and 1,118 believers. They also had four pops who had 25 members of their families. ” It is said that there is no […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF ST. АSSUMPTION OF THE LORD

According to written sources before the construction of today’s temple, in the immediate vicinity there was a small church, blue colored, covered with roofed roof and dedicated to the “Lord of the Lord”. In one protocol from 1744, the old and new buildings were recorded as “the small and veliquy of the church in the […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF THE ASSUMPTION OF THE LORD

The Serbian Orthodox Church in Ada is dedicated to the Lord’s Eucharist. It was built at the site of the earlier church from 1760. The previous church was devoted to Blaspheming, and it was in a fire during the 1848/49 revolution. years. Today’s church was built in a short period of time from 1925/26. After […]

Read more

SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH OF THE HOLY ARCHANGELS

The iconostasis was brought from the Vojlovica monastery, for which it was too big, so its origin is unknown. On the back of the iconostasis there are data on the origin and reconstruction, where it was said that the iconostas was painted in 1752, rebuilt in 1891, and completely depicted in 1931. The first date […]

Read more

SERVIEN CHAPEL

Under the name Servien lived an aromanian family in Novi Sad, which founded one of the earliest scholarship funds. This fund has educated many well-known members of Serbian intelligence. Dervishes of the Services were Đurkovići, and often Đorđevići also wrote. The brothers Aksentije and Manojlo have been mentioned in 1751 as wealthy merchants, and in […]

Read more

SHULPE’S CASTLE

About the family Serving most of the data is provided by Vasja Stajic in her part of the “Novi Sad Biography”, which states that in Novi Sad, a cynical Family Servis, known for having founded one of the largest of our scholarship funds, from whose funds are studied great names of Serbian intelligence. Their ancestors […]

Read more

SLAVNIĆ HOUSE

Building in Ađanska Street (Leninova) no. 10 until 1977 was owned by the descendants of Krste Slavnić, or sisters Vojislav and Aleksandra, born. Slavnić, and since August 8, 1978, the building has been divided into four parts owned by the families: Ciric (Uros) Lazar, Vasa Vince and Peter Karolja, who are still owners of this […]

Read more

SMOLENSKI MILL

The building of a three-way mill on the Belgrade road to no. 120, alongside the City Hospital, is not only a significant element in the development of the city’s economic and industrial structure, but has also played a very sad role in the recent past of the Backa Plain. The first mill project, along the […]

Read more

SPATIAL CULTURAL-HISTORICAL AREA PALIĆ

The boundary of the spatial cultural and historical part of Palić goes: from the west coast of the lake, the west edge of the plots 14014, 14011, 14008, 14006, 14005, 14323, Kupališnom street, crosses the railway Subotica-Horgoš (1454), the western edge of the plot 14702/1 to Horgoš road (1472), Horgoš road to the east to […]

Read more

STAHL IN BAČKO DUŠANOVO

He designed the sculpture at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries, architect Đula Vaci from Subotica, while the contractor was Joseph Karius, a bricklayer, also from Subotica. The designer and the owner chose, at that time, the most modern and most rational variant for the economic building. Vaci used elements of the late […]

Read more

STEVAN SREMAC PRIMARY SCHOOL

School in the Kevi farmstead settlement was erected in 1912 according to a typical project signed by Ćula Švab, architect from the technical department of the Hungarian Ministry of Culture and Education. This was the second state school built in the village for which the land, as well as the first one, was donated by […]

Read more

SUVAČA

In Kikinda, on the corner of Nemanjina and Moravska Street, there is a suvač, now the only object of its kind in Vojvodina. On April 19, 1889, Max Adamov of Kikinda bought from Paje Adamov from Kikinda for a sum of three forints, an empty plot of land, 250 acres of land, and used it […]

Read more

SVETOZAR MARKOVIĆ GYMNASIUM

The building of the old gymnasium in Subotica was built in 1817, but the City Senate in 1895 decided to build a new building, according to Ferenc Rajhla’s projects, and the construction contractor was Karolj Molcer. Construction began in 1896, and the building was finally handed over to use in 1900. This imposing object was […]

Read more

SYNAGOGUE

The Subotica Synagogue, completed in October 1902, is the work of the associates of Lehner architects Deje Jakab (Jakab Dezsö, 1864-1932) and Marcela Chamber (Comor Marcell, 1868-1944), which the Subotica often engaged. The project of the Subotica Synagogue was made earlier (1900) on the occasion of the competition for the Jewish chapel in Szeged. The […]

Read more

TECHNICAL SCHOOL

The building was built in 1912/1913. (Strassburger Izidor), as a representative building dedicated to the needs of the state in which the national railway station was located. It is similar to other buildings in a similar city (gymnasium, barracks, former court building). It was built in the style of the Vienna Secession with the compilation […]

Read more

THE “SDK” BUILDING

The building under the number five was renovated and upgraded for one floor by the architect of secession Marcela Comore and Deja Jakaba, and for the needs of the bank in 1912. The façade is resolved in the style of neo-Renaissance with elements of classicism. This two-sided, angular building is a typical example of a […]

Read more

THE “YELLOW HOUSE” BUILDING

A one-storey building that forms an independent urban block. From the west it is surrounded by Štrosmajerova street, from the south by Maksim Gorkog Street, from the east by the Age of Mamužić Street and from the north by Erneo Lanjija. It was built in the period 1880/83. year as a savings bank, the National […]

Read more

THE BANK BUILDING

The most recently built object in the complex “Trougla” is the building of the former bank. Construction began after 1905, and was completed in 1912. The building was built according to the projects of Alfredo (Guttmann) Hajos with the stylistic characteristics of the geometric Viennese secession. The building is unusual in the very location where […]

Read more

THE BUILDING OF BRANISLAV NUŠIĆ 2

According to the archival record, the building on the corner of Branislav Nusic and Cara Dusana streets was designed in 1913 by architect Pal Vadas. The orderer of the building was the Free Royal City of Subotica, and the purpose of the building was a rented building in which the elite apartments were rented by […]

Read more

THE BUILDING OF THE BANK “PUTNIK”

The building at Borisa Kidriča Street 4, today a business-residential building, known as “Travelers”, is located in one of the oldest and most representative streets in the protected city core of Subotica. Famous designers Marcel Komor and Daze Jakab in 1907, in very modest conditions and in a cramped space, without any visions, projected an […]

Read more

THE BUILDING OF THE FORMER PEOPLE’S COMITEE

The building was erected in 1834 in the center of the settlement, in the spirit of classicism. It is ground floor, longitudinal rectangular bases. On the main façade, the three-part split of the wall cloth is formed with open porch, with four pillars and two half-shells, as well as two side rhizalites decorated with lynx. […]

Read more

THE BUILDING OF THE FORMER PEOPLE’S COMITEE

In Marshal Tito Street (now St. Sava Street), the premises of the local community, protected in 1972. The construction of the building, the then municipal house began in 1840 and was completed in 1848. The foundation of the building is “on the elbow” with the right side long leg. The main façade, with a trim […]

Read more

THE CULTURAL CENTER BUILDING

The construction of the Maldeghem castle in Novi Kneževac occurs at the end of a long construction practice of raising homes of immigrants in the center of large estates. The basic concept belongs to the representative construction of summer houses from the end of the XIX and the beginning of the XX century built in […]

Read more

THIRTEEN WELLS

In the last third of the 18th century, when Subotica became a free royal city, several cadastral maps of the city and surrounding wilderness were made. In this period, several maps of the Kelebi desert were created. The first was made by Karl L. Kovac in 1778. There are no named farms on this map […]

Read more

TOMB OF BELA FARKAS

Bela Farkas, the son of the clarinetist Akasha Bućkai and the young singer Neli Gaboš, was born on February 24, 1894 in Rijeka. Farcash’s surname was given to his mother’s mother in the name of Subotic engineer Jozef Farkaš. He never met his father even though he really wanted it. He spent his childhood and […]

Read more

TOMB OF ERNŐ LÁNYI

This excellent composer, music teacher and musician was born in Pest on June 19, 1861, in the family of a wealthy wholesaler. Love for music is inherited from his parents. After his father’s death he leaves with his mother in Paris. At the age of fourteen he flees to Vienna, where he teaches music. He […]

Read more

TOMB OF GAÁL FERENC

Ferenc Gal (Gaál Ferenc) was born on March 27, 1860, in the excavation on the territory of today’s Slovakia. He lost his parents early, and the older brother Pied took care of him. Elementary school and lower secondary school attend classes in Nyitra, and continue in Budapest. Parallel to the National Music Institute (Nemzeti Zenede). […]

Read more

TOMB OF IVÁNYI ISTVÁN

Iványi István was born on December 17, 1845 in Lugoš (today’s Romania). His father was Istvan Ivanovsky (Ivanovsky István) a German-born remnant who moved to a small town on the shores of Moris from Arad. His mother was Carolina Liszt (Liszt Karolina). He finished elementary school in German. He was a bad student, even repeated […]

Read more

TOMB OF THE ČARNOJEVIĆ FAMILY

Family Čarnojević became prominent and famous for the most prominent representative of Patriarch Arseny III. Members of one branch of the family (bearers of the noble predicate Černović de Mača), under the leadership of Pavel Čarnojević, moved to Rusko Selo in 1797. Until 1823, he lived in a low, dark, bullet-proof house that was covered […]

Read more

TOMBSTONE OF DR. BABIAN MALAGURSKI

A tomb of 2.5 m high is located at the Baja Cemetery in the church part and its own monumentality dominates the environment. DR BABIJAN MALAGURSKI A LAWYER 1876-1944 On the back of the monument in the middle is the engraved text: GROBNICA BABIJANA MALAGURSKOG The tombstone is made of black marble (PALATINUS Workshop), according […]

Read more

TOWN HOUSE

The Old Town House in Senta, for which the foundation stone was laid on August 19, 1830, burnt on April 16, 1911 at the same time as the church “Szt. István “. According to the records of the City Council Senta, we find out that in 1912 a decision was made to call a public […]

Read more

TOWN HOUSE

The town house was designed in 1907, built 1908/10. but due to works on the interior furnishings it was finally finished in 1912 as an extraordinary example of the synthesis of architecture and art crafts, a monument of one time. This huge building dominates the center of Subotica. In spite of the Art Nouveau wall […]

Read more

VIGADO

Accelerated development of the civic class at the end of the XIX century there was a tendency to stay in nature, and according to the reputation of the cities of Europe, national parks, picnics, resorts and spas were formed. On the southeastern edge of the settlement of Kanjiža, it was already the seventies of the […]

Read more

VILLAGE HOUSE

The Pannonian House was built in 1843 (there is a record on the shaft). The house has features of the old folk architecture, characteristic for the territory of Vojvodina: walls from a charge, a wooden roof structure, whose elements are attached with wooden wedges and a roof cover of cane. It has a traditional three-part […]

Read more

VOJNIĆ PALACE

From the extensive series of rented palaces from the end of the XIX and the beginning of the XX century that were built in the center of the city, one is distinguished, according to the unusual architectural composition of the layout, as well as the plastic decoration and the color of the facade. We are […]

Read more

WATER TOWER

On the northern shore of the Palić lake, three key buildings of the resort – Water Tower, Great Terrace and Female Bath are located. They were built at the turning point of the XIX century in XX, in the spirit of secession of the “young” by the projects of Budapest architects Marcelo Comore and Dezeja […]

Read more

WINDMILL

The wind farm in Obornjača according to the oral tradition was built in the nineties of the XIX century for the Gabor Pastiana family. She was in service until 1966, when her last owner, Jozef Pastian, died. According to the memory of local residents, from the 1930s, the windmill was used for grinding corn, except […]

Read more

WINDMILL

In the eighties of the XIX century, there were 11 windmills in Oroma. At the end of the 20th century, there was only one so-called “bayus” of windmills, which was built in the sixties of the nineteenth century. The date of construction was cut into flour bars. The windmill was in Ustorka before. Her owner, […]

Read more

ZAKO CASTLE

The Zako Castle was built by members of the noble family Zako, who received Bajša with a grant from June 25, 1751, from the Austrian empress Maria Theresa, and since then, the family of this family, Stevan Zako, a native of Dalmatia, a captain in Stara Kanjiža, who, like his descendants carry the adjective “from […]

Read more

ТHE “GEMINI” BUILDING

An unusual building known as the “twins” composed of two identical pieces, as a mirror image, separated by open passage. It was built for the Subotica Building Company (Szabadka épitő rt) in 1912 according to the project Žigmonda Siklaia (Sziklai Zsigmond), architects from Budapest, as a business building – the first department store. After the […]

Read more

ТHE “GOLDEN LAMB” BUILDING

In the middle of the nineteenth century, in fact, in 1857, “Hotel Jagnje” (Hotel Lamb) was built with salami and atrium on the ground floor and hotel rooms in the upper part. The project and the name of the architect have not been known to us until now, but according to archival documents, building permits […]

Read more