18. December 2018.

A tomb of 2.5 m high is located at the Baja Cemetery in the church part and its own
monumentality dominates the environment.
On the back of the monument in the middle is the engraved text:
The tombstone is made of black marble (PALATINUS Workshop), according to the project of the subotica architect Bolte Dulić (1905-1982). It is made in the form of a rectangular rectangular block with a height of 2.5 m of strictly purified lines with an emphasized vertical in the form of two shallow, sharply profiled pilasters stretching from the tower to the top, which is covered with a rectangular plate, of the same material. A strictly purified form of volume derived in the spirit of the postmodern, dominant stylistic expression of the thirties of this century, portrays the pilasters’ portals and in the upper parts it is engraved in a shallow relief strictly geometric cross.
Dr Babijan Malagurski was born on January 15, 1876 in Subotica, where he lived and worked and died in 1944.
He studied at the gymnasium in his hometown and in Halas, and studied law in Budapest and Cluj-Napoca. He passed the law school exam in 1906. Already as a student he fought for the national rights of Bunjevci and was an active member of the “Colo youth” society. He pledged to introduce the Bunjevac language to schools. He was an associate of the magazine “Neven”. In 1918 he was elected vice-president of the People’s Council in Subotica and president of the “Matica Bunjevacka”. He is one of the national enlighteners of the Bunjevci, who was Yugoslav-oriented. He resolutely demanded that the Bunjevci remain territorially tied to Yugoslavia.
After the First World War in the newly formed state at the First Annual Assembly of the Sports Club “Bačka”, held on May 8, 1920, Dr. Fabijan Malagurski was elected president of the athletics department, and already on October 3 the same year, at the founding assembly of the Football Subcontinent for Vojvodina (Subotica) of the first president.