In the mid-nineteenth century, the formation of the Palić resort began. Already in 1840, the central park was planted along the lake, and for the next decades nothing was lost for the other villa – the parks of distinguished Subotica. Significant date for the further development of Palic as a holiday resort is undoubtedly the construction of the Subotica-Segedin railroad. The first train from the Szeged route passed on September 11, 1869 and stopped at the small station Palic.
The construction of a genuine larger railway station followed in 1887 when it got its final appearance, which, with small changes over time, has been preserved to this day. The railway station’s stylistic features are a harmonious blend of classicist forms and romantic spirit. It is a smaller terraced object, rectangular base, with a platform lying along the rail. This small, harmoniously designed object is adapted to the details of its purpose. Basically, a three-layered arrangement of the space, common for the summerhouses of Palić with three on the proximal side along the entire building (three-pavement), was carried out. The classic canon is the basis for the design of facades, and the romantic spirit with elements of decoration in the wood, then the so-called “Swiss type of house” is present as well as in the villas on Palic for the solution of wood and timber parquet,carved decoration in wood. The walls of the building were built with brick of an old format, the roofing is wooden, a four-wire covered with a pillow once, while today is a roofing tile from a tiled tile. The façade composition is designed in a classicist canon with two sides laterally placed rhizalitic parts, finished in the form of gates decorated with elements of carved wood, with one circular blind opening, terracotated brickwork. There are one double-winged windows on the rational parts. On all facades, raised hips are enclosed with facade terracotta brick, and around all openings with segmented arch, flowing decorative strips of the same brick. The doors are double-winged with a base of wood, the upper part is glazed with a tinted window split, and the underlain is with a split window in the form of a grid.Along the edges of the facade is a wide ribbon-shaped ribbon from the base to the roof, from the facade brick, unchanged. Immediately beneath the roof, a canopy of wooden structure was placed on one of the water above the platform, covered with zinc plated.

Did you like this? Share it!


Comments are closed.